Danes managing across cultures in Mexico
“Mexico and Denmark are from opposite worlds” says co-author Jennifer Bremont, who was born and raised in Mexico before moving to Denmark. In this article we analyse three key differences between Danish and Mexican management behaviour.
Jennifers Tips for Danes Managing Business with Mexicans:
- Always accept an invitation to breakfast, lunch or dinner – very often the best occasions for closing a deal.
- Never discuss religion or politics.
- Dress appropriately. Mexicans never forget the first impression.
- Stay cool. Avoid showing negative emotion even when discussions become heated.
- In Mexico negotiating tends to be a kind of game, a competition. The win-win approach is not popular.